Optimal Solutions for Production Scheduling
Our scientific software Schedlyzer is the fastest and most versatile scheduling tool for a majority of job shops. Its real strength lies in what-if analysis of resource-constrained job shop schedules.
Benefits of Our Solutions
On-Time Delivery Improvement
Higher Resource Utilization
Reduced Queuing Time
Efficient Bottleneck Management
Extensive What-if Analysis
High-variety, order-driven, discrete manufacturing units are normally known as job shops. They include make-to-order (MTO) units, engineer-to-order (ETO) units, high-mix, low-volume (HMLV) production units. They regularly face many difficult issues as listed on page, Job Shop Issues.
It is truly a challenge for many job shops to efficiently manage their high-variety, order-driven, production using limited resources, as mentioned on the page Scientific Management of High-Variety, Complex Production in Job Shops. System simplification is usually suggested to eliminate the complexity of such production but this is not always simple, easy or economical in practice, particularly for small job shops. Powerful scheduling software is helpful to job shops in the absence of system simplification.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF OUR SCHEDULING SOFTWARE FOR JOB SHOPS
In job shops engaged in high-variety, order-driven manufacturing, our scheduling software, Schedlyzer is very appropriate for:
- Generating meaningful, high quality production schedules instantaneously whenever needed (without resource overloading)
- Doing fast and extensive what-if analysis of schedules and proactive capacity planning
- Identifying and managing bottlenecks efficiently
- Fixing rational lead times and right start times for new orders for low WIP and high on-time delivery
- Handling rush orders and unexpected changes in order priorities
- Incorporating vendor operations and uncertainty in the schedule appropriately
- Planning raw material procurement for inventory control
- Having intelligent decision support for efficient production management.
SOFTWARE BASED ON SCIENTIFIC SCHEDULING LOGIC
In the absence of sufficient system simplification, scheduling software based rigorous, scientific logic can greatly help job shops in managing their high-variety, order-driven production. Read More
Powerful and Low-Cost Scheduling Software for Small and Mid-Sized Job Shops
Schedlyzer is not only one of the most powerful tools for job shop scheduling but also highly cost effective because it costs only a fraction of the price of other powerful job shop scheduling software. Read More
Optimal Scheduling – The Core Function of Schedlyzer
Being small in size and revenue, most job shops cannot afford a lot of excess capacity for simpler and easier management of their production. Read More
CAPABILITY TO HANDLE MULTI-RESOURCE REQUIREMENTS OF OPERATIONS, MULTI-FUNCTIONAL MACHINES, MULTI-SKILLED WORKERS, MULTI-SHIFT PRODUCTION
In job shops, some operations may simultaneously require two or more resources, some operations may be done in parallel for a job, Read More
Capability to Accommodate Uncontrollable Natural Variation in Schedule
There is a lot of criticism that schedules generated by software tools ignore the uncontrollable natural variation in the system. Read More
Multi-Purpose Scheduling Software
The purpose of Schedlyzer is not limited to the creation of a high quality schedule. Read More
Data Requirements and Proper Usage of Schedlyzer
Schedlyzer needs fresh job status information for generating or revising a schedule. Nowadays, some ERP systems (and shop management software) maintain up-to-date job status information with the help of shop floor data collection systems. This data can be easily copied from ERP systems to Schedlyzer through proper integration. Data can also be transferred from an ERP system or shop management software to Schedlyzer through Excel or Access files, if necessary. If Schedlyzer is to be used as a standalone tool without continuous support from any ERP system, shop management software or shop floor data collection system for fresh job status information, then the user must manually update job status information at the time of schedule generation / revision.
We would never recommend an application of our software if it demands a lot of time for updating job status information everyday. Normally, Schedlyzer is to be used for revising a production schedule once or twice a day or at the time of shift change. The frequency of schedule revision must depend on the amount of uncertainty (uncontrollable variation) in the system and the effort and time needed to collect fresh job status information. When the production system is under the influence of a moderate level of uncertainty, we suggest to our clients a convenient way of implementing the schedule without looking for frequent schedule revision or real-time help from computer. A detailed, operations-level production schedule generated by computer periodically must be implemented on shop floor in terms of dispatch lists (sequence of operations) for resources.
Schedlyzer can also be used for prompt help in real-time operations scheduling (finding and assigning required resources for operations in real time) if fresh job status information is made available to it in real time.
Functionality and Benefits of Schedlyzer
- Creation of a reliable and meaningful production schedule almost instantaneously without resource overloading
- Prediction of workflow, bottleneck occurrences and job completion times
- Fast and extensive what-if analysis of workflow
- Proactive capacity planning
- Significant improvements in on-time delivery, customer satisfaction, throughput, WIP, production lead times and overall resource utilization
- Reduction of raw material inventory with the help of dependable production schedules
- Enhanced capability to handle rush orders and unexpected changes in order priorities
- Intelligent decision support for efficient management of high-variety, order-driven production
- Real-time support for what-if analysis in production meetings
- Better communication across organization regarding the progress and expected delivery times of orders
The functionality and benefits result from Schedlyzer’s ability to optimally schedule production subject to relevant constraints and finite capacities of resources.
Intended Users of Schedlyzer
- Production planner / scheduler who has to develop detailed schedules for resources on a regular basis
- Production manager who has to deal with changes in order priorities, do what-if analysis and make major decisions on production planning and capacity planning for efficient management
- Sales people who have an option to negotiate lead times for new orders
FREE 60-Day Trial Copy of Schedlyzer
We offer a free trial version of Schedlyzer,
only after presenting a web demo and configuring the software for your production system.